The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 imposes a duty to manage asbestos in premises based in the UK and they also require employers to:
- Undertake risk assessments before commencing work which exposes or is liable to expose, employees to asbestos.
- Produce a plan of work detailing how the work is to be carried out and indicate any asbestos related issues and solutions.
- Either prevent exposure to asbestos or reduce it to as low a level as is reasonably practicable.
- Regulation 4 of The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires all duty holders under the regulations to manage asbestos in non domestic premises.
Note: Although the regulations refer to non-domestic premises, where contractors are undertaking work within a domestic property the regulations apply.
Also, the Regulations:
- Chrysotile had been the only type of asbestos permitted in the UK since amosite and crocidolite were banned in 1985.
- Continue the ban of use of second-hand Asbestos containing materials.
If you are planning a refurbishment or upgrade in any part of your property, it is important to undertake a comprehensive assessment before any work is carried out, in order to ensure that it is safe. Here at Envirosavers, we can provide you with a complete asbestos survey and any other services required, in line with the current asbestos regulations. Our team are all fully compliant with the current health and safety policies and CDM Regulations, and we guarantee a safe, efficient service. Please contact us today to find out more about how the regulations affect your property in the UK.